From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 22:38:37 -0600
Hey Ya'll,

It was a glorious day today!!  The sun was out, it was just right temp.
wise and I stuffed myself on a sandwich at the St.  Louis Bread Company.
Although I am sure that the ferrets will miss the bowls of snow I have been
bringing in.

Pookie's tooth is looking ok and I got some good info from some fellow
fml'ers.  I will be taking her in next week, once my vet is back.  There are
no signs of infection or anything else, outside of pleading eyes for
raisins.

I am hoping some recent pics I took turn out well.  I worry cause they were
taken through the cage.  But Treska, Pooh Bear and Sylk were sleeping in a
hammock together the other night and it was hilarious!  Sylk's front half of
his body was hanging off the hammock, his head brushing the floor.  Pooh
Bear (who is HUGE) was draped over the rest of him (no chance of his falling
out!).  And poor little Treska, who is just over a pound, well, all you
could see is her back two feet, sticking straight up from under Pooh Bear's
belly.

At this very moment Pooh Bear, who is currently in a cage at eye level with
my desk chair, is trying to send commands for me to let him out.  He is
unmoving, unblinking, he is a ferret with a mission.

Actually, the Mighty Pooh Bear encountered his first dragon last night.  It
went by the name of SteamVac.  He saw that it had me hypnotized into taking
its belly out and repeatedly filling it with a strange brew, just so the
beasty could spit out that brew all over the floor before sucking it up
again!  Pooh understood instantly that his Ma was in grave danger of eternal
servitude and sprang into action.  Literally.  He ran and pounced on said
beasty, jumping up and down on it, cussing it out, and chasing it around the
room.  It took him several attempts, but the Mighty Pooh Bear knew he was
strong enough to rescue his Ma.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am for his bravery. I have donated
computer time to the local FLO chapter in his honor.

Mo' Maggie, rescued Ma of Pooh Bear the Magnificent