From:
Kimberly Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:14:24 -0500
Since we have moved to Arkansas, the nearest pet store is an hour away
in Jonesboro. So we make a list before going and we don't get to go as
often as before. So last week, list in hand, I made the trip alone.
Previously there had been a large display of ferrets with 6 or 7 little
guys. One albino that had caught my husbands eye, he has seriously
missed our Gracie, an adorable albino we lost to cancer. Anyway, this
trip there were no ferrets in the display but I overheard two of the
employees talking about the white ferret and what a shame. I felt
obligated to listen further. It turns out that the little guy had been
sold to some people that brought him back two weeks later because....
he just doesn't play like he did when we first brought him home. The
pet store gave the people their money back and they left. They put the
little man in back because the store was very busy that day. One of the
ladies went to check on him that evening and discovered why he wasn't
playing as much. His back leg was broken, she took him straight away
to the vet and got him fixed up. Unfortunately they couldnt reach the
people that had brought him back,,, shock and surprise. I listened as
the lady employee told the other one that she had adopted the little
guy and loved him lots and that he was recovering very well. I waited
until she was alone and then inquired as to weither or not she thought
he might be deaf, was she watching his poop to make sure he wasn't
stressed out. etc... I was amazed at how little she actually knew about
ferrets considering that she worked at this well known pet store. I
suggested some literature she should read and keep on hand.

I haven't had a shelter now in 7 years but I guess we never stop
feeling the need to educate on these tiny furry love buckets. I will
ask each time I have to go back on his health, I know I will. I am
truly greatful that she stepped up and took care of him.

Sincerely
Kim and the 7 fuzzys in Arkansas now