From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 10:12:50 -0400
Hi everyone!

First of all I wanted to say THANKS to all the wonderful people that
expressed their sympathy in regards to Charger's passing!  You guys are
really special and it is most appreciated!  Charger was laid to rest under a
live oak tree with his coin to cross(Greek mythology-River Styx-Charon the
ferryman).  He was not my personal ferret, but the rescue belonged to him.
His owned people, Joe & Beverly V.  are very grateful to the outpouring of
love and sympathy from all the FML'ers.  His necropsy came back, and even
though we tried to do a blood transfusion with him, it turns out it would
only have prolonged things.  His kidneys had tumors on them, and were
failing.  We want to say thanks to Snoopy ferret, who graciously had his
neck shaved and blood taken in the attempt to save Charger.  He is truly a
brave Ferret!  Thank you all & I hope the next post will be happier.

Lisa