From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:35:50 -0700
Millie's comments about her septic system and laundry prompts me to
write about dryer cleaning. I had my dryer vent duct cleaned today
after finding it was totally plugged with lint, fur and dust. Here in
the southwest where most homes are built on a slab the vent goes
through a wall and up to the roof. I had to go up on the roof for
something else and took a look at the dryer vent. Wow ! It was really
stopped up. After removing the cap I reached in and pulled out what I
could but it needed professional cleaning. Some of the vents go out a
sidewall and perhaps that can be cleaned with a chimney brush. But this
was one for the pros. Any duct cleaning business can do this cleaning.
Not only did this make the drying more efficient but it reduces a real
fire hazard. I don't know if the vent was clean when we moved here but
I'm sure five years of ferret laundry contributed plenty of lint.

I also want to vouch for the quality of the Ferret Nook's hammocks. I
have some at least 8 to 10 years old, and the lining is still good
after many washings. They are very well made. Their on-line store is at
www.kritterkoncepts.net.

Carol J.Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ