From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:45:18 -0400
Tracy,
I for one think you did a fine job of telling the story of Kim and
Chloe. Things are hard right now for everyone. Chloe in a way is lucky
in that Kim comes to see her as often as possible. For a lot of ferret
moms and dads, when they lose their jobs, they barely have enough money
to make rent. They have no other choice but to give their baby up to
someone or someplace that will care for them the way they should be
cared for. In my poem the character is just that, a character in a
story. But in real life, well you know. I don't know what i would do
if that time ever came to me. If I could put my baby's welfare above
all else, above how much I loved him and wanted him to stay, that
would, to me, be the greatest sacrifice and not at all an easy one.

My heart breaks for Kim. It did when I first read the story and it
still does today. She has gone thru so, so much. I'm sorry that Chloe
is having a hard time of things herself. You were kind to write Kim's
story and you are a good friend to her.

You all are in my thoughts,

Sue (Pyron)