Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:24:09 -0600
Hello,

My 3 year old female silver ferret, named June Bug, has grown something
odd on the end of her tail.  There is a large round skin growth (ball
like and hard) on the very tip of her tail.  I must have noticed this
about a year ago, without thought to what might have happened, and hadnt
noticed it hurting her or ever being irritated or enlarging.  I had a
mobile vet look at it for me and he said it was nothing, so I dismissed
it.  Today I notcied that the ball has seemed to get bigger than the
last time i looked at it, and I found a visible scabs on one side of the
ball.  Ive looked up some informations about growths such as tumors but
have not ran arcoss anything simular.  Does anyone know what this growth
is?  Maybe from experiance?  And should I be worried, of spreading or
pain?  Should I leave it alone for awhile or consult a vet?

Please email any help to : [log in to unmask]
Thank you so much,
Paulina
Milo, June Bug, and Squirtle