From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 06:37:40 EST
Lieber Freunden und Frettchen Volk:
(Dear Friends and ferret folks:)

Ferrets NorthWest (on Seattle's Mercer Island) is sad to announce that our
informational New Year's indoor picnic party is cancelled.  The constant
rain on top of the heavy snow pack on the roof of our meeting building
(Sorrenson School) has loaded the flat roof beyond its capacity and the roof
and the floor are now one with each other...CRUNCH CRASH BANG!

Hopefully, if the building is repaired, FNW will reschedule and notify all
the Frettchen Volk of the date of the New Year's Pot-luck with the Vets
Party.

Normal party time is the first Sunday after New Year's day at 12 noon.  All
Frettchen Volk are required to bring double servings of finger food and
drinks for the communal table, along with their dook-dook dancers.  We
normally have 3 or 4 Seattle area vets who are experienced with ferrets and
who come to give us the benefit of their smarts in the form of a 30 to 40
minute lecture each, punctuated with some of the most interesting querries
you'll ever hear from the gathered F.  Volk.

This get-together is quite remarkable in that everybody learns something and
also unlearns something.

An hour into the Q & A we break for chow with the vets, our guests of honor,
who then lead the line-up to the chow tables.  This, the only time they get
a free lunch.

Afterward, we show Frettchen videos, both commercial and home-made.  Then we
have the indoor Frettchen Olympics, where the contestants lead their
Frettchen through the various events on the slippery gym floor.
Certificates of Ferret Merit are awarded the first three place winners in
each competitive olympic event, including the Frettchen costume contest.

We do the same thing with the Olympic games outside on the grass on the lake
shore the last Sundays of June and August at Colman Park on Seattle's Lake
Washington.  If'n you're going to come to Seattle, try to schedule you trip
around either or both of these two Sundays.  You'll find it very amusing and
enjoyable watching these dook-dook dancers, especially the swimming contest
where they figuratively walk (run?) on water.

Please spread the word to all the Frettchen Volk you know, and if more info
is wanted, please email me, either through Juno or AOL
[log in to unmask]       or [log in to unmask]
My phone is 206 232-1228, as is my fax, but you must call first so the fax
modem may be enabled to rx your tx.  Yes, only one phone line.

Our motto here at FNW:  Frettchenvergnuegen!   ( The Joy of Ferrets!)

Edward Frettchenvergnuegen Lipinski,
der Frettchen Meister von Mercer Inselreich,
Der Staat Washingon,
Die Vereinigten Staaten von Nordamerika