From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:52:10 -0500
Gary wrote:
>I treated with 1cc non alcohol milk thistle extract, standardized, and 2cc
>of pet tinic, oral, aily.  This week a re-check said ALL blood levels
>NORMAL!  :) The usage for regenerating the liver is common to people,
>ferrets & about all mamals, so I'd expect good results with ferrets also..

I just want to interject a comment here.  The liver is an organ which has an
amazing capacity for regeneration.  (This is why alcoholics get away with
abusing theirs as mu= ch as they do before permanant damage sets in.) This
is true even in the absense of any treatment, but it's still important, when
possible to identify the source=

of the problem, and treat or remove it.

I mean no disrespect to Gary or his suggestions by this; indeed I am an
enthusiast of natural medicines.  Gary takes the time to read up on the
stuff (or at least that's the impression I have!), and many of the 'modern'
medicines have roots (no pun intended!) in plant and other natural sources.
Penicillin is but mold extract after all!  But if the above treatment is
given, and healing follows, one is left to speculate whether the liver
regeneration was in spite of or because of the treatment.  A controlled
study would show more accurately whether the treatment was an effective one.

On the other hand if you want to try it, it probably wouldn't hurt.  And it
might help.

Just my two cents worth.

-Ilena Ayala