Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 14:21:40 GMT
With our first ferret, Frankie Foo-Foo, many years ago.  (Remember those
years of little to NO information?)  She was given a shot in her hip as
a sedative.  She screamed and climbed up my shoulder.  WAAA!  I was so
sad!  I *think* it was Ketamine (sp).  When she was quiet and still,
they did a heart stick.  That part went OK.  I feel it was too traumatic
and painful.  This was done at an after hours emergency clinic.

Many ferrets later, maybe one or two have had the heart stick AFTER iso.
Most of the fuzzies have had an abdominal stick without any prior meds.
This has gone very well.  (One oh - so - sick little girl died as soon
as the medicine was injected.)  I hold them in my arms as they leave for
the bridge...very peaceful.

OK, now I'm crying....  :O(
Tequita Williamson, Certified Doula (DONA)
The Miracle of Life is Found in ALL God's Creatures!

PS Our daughter (now age 9) has been at most of the euthanasia's.  Once
one of her friend's was along.  They were sad but not traumatized.