From:
SCN User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:58:27 -0800
Since everybody else is sending theirs, I just thought I would send you
the one I did years ago for my friend Emmett Kelly, who crossed over the
bridge almost two years ago. Some of you may remember but it will likely
be new to others!

Kate

Emmett's List of "My Favorite Things" (tune: My Favorite Things)

Nathaniel's sweatshirt and Johanna's sneaker
Little toys that come equipped with a squeaker
The shiniest, tiniest baubles and rings--
   These are a few of my favorite things!

Car keys and house keys and warm fuzzy slippers
Pocket-sized purses that close up with zippers
Hammers and screwdrivers, any old tool--
   These are just some of the things that are cool!

I'm a ferret
  Full of merit
    Pleased by every
      Thing I see--
As soon as I've spied it
  I've already decided
    It has to belong
      to ME!

Bags made of paper and bags made of plastic
Headbands and ribbons and bows-on-elastic
Jounce-y and bounce-y toys dangling from strings--
   These are a few of my favorite things!

Little board books that come from the library
(Ones that are small enough for me to carry)
Hairbrushes, toothbrushes, an empty cup--
   These are all things that I love to pick up!

To ignore me
  Doesn't floor me
    I don't really
      Give a hoot--
I simply retire
  So I can admire
    My beautiful pile
      Of LOOT!

Packages, boxes, junk mail and letters,
Shoes-es and socks-es and hand-knitted sweaters,
Buttons and belt-loops, a ski mask and glove--
  These are just some of the things that I love!

Towels and washcloths and old magazines,
Lefse and raisins, sausage and green beans,
The curly cord hanging from the telephone--
   These are the things I must have for my own!

When I spy a
  Brand-new object
    That I think is
      Mighty fine
I simply inspect it,
  Select it,
    Collect it--
      And boast that it's mine,
        All MINE!

lyrics c 1994  (way back when the human kids lived here. . .)