From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:28:08 -0500
Hello All:
Burt left for the rainbow bridge at 3:00AM this morning.  He was feeling
poorly for the past several weeks and after several vet trips, the vet
decided to do an exploratory operation on him on January 10.  He started to
have difficulty breathing and rectal bleeding Sunday afternoon.  I rushed
him to the vet again and the emergency vet decided to operate but couldn't
get to him until midnight.  He opened Burt up and called me at midnight to
report that he had large tumors on his liver, adrenal gland and pancreas.
He sid the liver tumor had several lobes and was quite vascular.  I told
the vet to try and take them out even if the cancer would come back in a
couple of months.  Even though he survived the surgery his body gave out
about an hour and a half later.  He was only five and one-half years old.

I adopted Burt through a post made on the FML in April of 1998.  He was a
true ambassador ferret.  He never once bit anybody and would give kisses
to anybody who would pick him up.  He was best buddies to Chloe (the most
perfect DEW in the whole wide world) who was in great need of a fuzzy
friend at the time.  Burt, we all hope to see you again someday.  For those
of you who grew up in the late 60's or early 70's, you will understand when
I say "Today has been a real bummer".  Missing Burt:

    Dale and Barbara (humans)
    Odo, Baby, Chloe, Willy and Tugg (fuzzies)
    Cameron and Kyra (cats but fuzzy wannabes)