From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2010 01:13:46 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

I am chuckling, but I can see that I well and truly stepped in it! I
swear to High Heavens, I honestly wasn't trying to get people to send
me bedding as a gift when I posted yesterday. I was not "fishing,"
I was just telling what was to me a funny story without considering
folk's possible reactions. And given the remarkable kindness of ferret
folk, I should have known that folks would volunteer bedding. I have
had several kind offers to make/send 'Pow bedding because of my post
yesterday. Please, know that 'Pow *will* adjust to the slow
disappearance of his ancestral bedding set. He may not like it, but
he will survive! He no longer honks when he has none of the Blue Set
in his cage, he only honks from time to time when he feels that he did
not get enough run time outside of the cage. That, and he shakes the
bars like a little prisoner. All he needs is a tiny tin cup!

If you would like to do something kind for a ferret this week, please
consider making/sending a new set to a shelter ferret who may not have
*anything* new and special just for himself at all, and send it in
'Pow's name. It would be a supreme kindness on your part, and I know
it would change a small life for the better.

Again, thank you for your very kind offers!

Alexandra in MA

Caff-Pow: "WHOA! WHOA! What's this about new bedding?"
Todd:"It's better to give than to receive."
Caff-Pow: "Who said that? Can I bite them?"