Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1993 12:03:10 -0400
I'm not a subscriber to the list, but I need some information fast, and
would appreciate it if you could email me directly. Thanks for your
indulgence. This is a copy of a message I just posted to rec.pets, so if
you read it there, you can ignore this message.

My wife's ferret Rikki has just been diagnosed as (probably) having an
insulinoma. Operating to remove the tumor has been suggested.

My wife would like some information from the net. As this surgery is risky,
she's not sure that it's really in Rikki's best interests. The thought is
that rather than going through a traumatic and life-threatening operation,
it might be more humane to bring her home and let her die in peace.
Assuming the surgery were successful, what are Rikki's chances? Does
anyone know? She's four years old, and has never been a particularly
robust beastie-- we took her as a rescue case from a pet store (bad mistake,
I know, we know better now), and she's always been quite small (about 1/2 to
2/3 the size of most other female ferrets we've seen).

Any information would be appreciated; please email me, as we need to
make the decision fairly quickly. If there's interest, I'll post a summary.
My email address is either [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask],
depending on what your system barfs on.

Thanks for your help.

Christopher M. Conway

[He had a disclaimer indicating that any email sent to him could be posted
worldwide.  The disclaimer is in conflict with the FML list, and has
been removed.  Along with the other 50 lines of signature....

I'm still in Japan, but get to log in momentarily....  Seeya Wednesday...]