From:
Steve Godun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:49:46 -0500
Hi again folks.  Imagine how surprised I was to discover that almost 300
people had downloaded my QuickTime translation of the Doritos "fur coat"
commercial a scant 24 hours after I had posted it.  Whee!  Several people
emailed me with requests for alternate size files, so I've resampled the
video once again and put up a new page to download them from.  You will
now find four (4) different files available for download; they all require
QuickTime to be installed.

"ferritos_large.mov" is as close to full-screen as you can get without
having to download the original ~100MB raw DV file.  It's sampled at
640x480 @ 29.97 frames per second (standard NTSC), compressed with H.263,
with a 32 kHz 16-bit stereo sound track in IMA 4:1.  File size is 4.7 MB.

"ferritos_medium.mov" is sampled at 480x360 @ 24 frames per second,
compressed with H.263, with a 22.05 kHz 16-bit stereo sound track in IMA
4:1.  File size is 3.2 MB.

"ferritos_small.mov" is the original file I posted yesterday, renamed.  It
is sampled at 320x240 @ 15 frames per second, compressed with H.263, with
a 22.05 kHz 16-bit stereo sound track in IMA 4:1.  File size is 2.3 MB.

"ferritos_tiny.mov" is sampled at 240x180 @ 12 frames per second,
compressed with H.263, with a 11.025 kHz 16-bit mono sound track in IMA
4:1.  File size is 1 MB.  This one is suitable for emailing to friends
and will even stream nicely on a 56k modem (though it will be a little
jerky on a 33.6k modem).

The above-four files can be found here until/unless Doritos gets mad at me:

http://homepage.mac.com/sgodun/FileSharing18.html

And if anyone wants to donate ~100MB of storage space, I will upload the
original full-size DV file exactly as I brought it into my computer. :)

The picture quality is as good as I could get, considering that I started
with a Time Warner cable connection and a cheap/old VCR that made the
original recording.  Note that PC users may also need to decode the file
from binhex format as the mac.com servers appear to automatically encode
it that way (and it doesn't seem possible to turn it off).  I recommend
Aladdin's Stuffit for Windows available at www.aladdinsys.com.

Once again, enjoy.  :)