From:
Angela and Darryl Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:33:34 -0500
 Weasel

Weasel our 2nd and yeah pet store bought ferret.  Since Having thrasher
and all books I ve read pretty much said it is good to have a buddy, and
my wife wanting to pick one for her, we went to Pet Co. and looked.

Right off the back there was a little brown sable that my wife just fell
in love with and my wife just loved the way he d relax while holding him.
Well she said see you can get a relaxed and not wild ferret as thrasher,
and this one is the one.  Needless to say Weasel came home with us, and I
learned his personality pretty quick, while at the pet store he was doing
his emmy award winning acting, cause once we got home and introduced
thrasher to him, those two bonded and got along, very playful, with their
antics.  And both did do the Strongman competition between the two but,
when one did a eeEEKk!  They would stop and even looked like they also
apologized to one another and then played something else.

Weasel around his first Birthday got sick real bad, and depressed, wound
up with the Helibactor bacterial infection and some what depressed.  So
while he was treated at the vet, they could not get him to eat.  And said
they done what they could do but he will not eat.  So we went to see him
and under impressing that he s not eating and been giving the meds but if
he does not eat well it will be terrible and lay him down.  Anyway upon
being in the room where weasel was in the vet cage under all his blankees
we brought and it was his food we brought too.  He was under the blankets
and only his pink nose did you see.  My wife was already tearing, and
said Weasel why are you not eating?  Weasel?  Right then Weasel popped up
came out saw his momma there and then frantically with his teeth trying
and shaking the cage trying to get out to my wife.  She opened the cage
and grabbed weasel sat done and weasel even though weak was licking and
seemed to be happy.  So I grabbed a handful of his food in my hand and
opend it to Weasel, and supprisingly he started to eat ate it all and
then half of another handful.  So then we took Weasel, home had to give
him all his meds, and hills A/D and his dry food, by catering to him and
every couple of days went back to our vet to see progress status.  Each
time better reports and eventually a 100% healthy ferret!  But, it took 7
months of maid mommy and butler daddy of serving the Weasel and getting
him what ever it was he wanted.  Now today he is what we call our Lady s
Man, Poser, and Gigolo as he been even more happy from girl ferrets that
we ve obtained (In future happy postings).

And of course all the girl ferrets well they love Weasel.  He has
normally during outing time two female ferrets following him around.
He s also the perfect poser for the camera for us and during quality time
Weasel just makes mommas day each and every time.  As you will always
hear momma say.  OH look at my Weasel?  Or Weasel, Weasel, my Weasel
butts?  But Then also you ll hear her sometimes say Weasel!  Weasel if
it was one of the others!  They d be in Big trouble!  But, not mommas
Weasel!  My Wife has a bond from all the special care she had to give
Weasel, that some nights weasel sleeps with momma with us instead of in
the cage.  Weasel will knot up but burrow himself in mommas hair that she
finds it so cute she can t bother to wake him and she ll let him sleep
right there.

Weasel has been our experiencing ferret with depression and the
helibactor bacterial infection, but also is momma special buddy.  His
funny charm and personality is well amusing, and a natural.

So till our next happy posting

Darryl & Angela Smith
Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S.