From:
Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:29:43 -0600
Hi FML'rs.  Today I went to see some baby ferrets that were being sold
through the local paper.  They seemed very healthy, other than being really
dirty, and getting fed dog food.  There was one really precocious big boy
and two much quieter and smaller siblings left of a litter of 10.

The problem is, one of the smaller ones had something wrong with his penis.
Now I've never seen a penis come out of it's sheath on a ferret before, but
that was NOT the entire problem.  It was like it couldn't go back in, and
the sheath opening was very enlarged with the penis exposed.  Has anyone
else seen this before?  Could it be that his siblings were trying to nurse
off it?  Should I go back and buy him ?  I just don't know if I can afford
all the bills, the penis thing, shots, neutering.  I only went to check up
on the breeder, I didn't really want another ferret.  Now I don't know what
to do.

After that I stopped at a Super Pet store and there was a Degu, with sores
and bald patches all over his back.  I told the rodent person and she said
Oh yeah, we're going to move him later today.  Hello?  Are these people
retarded?I'm going back there tomorrow and if he's still in the cage I'm
calling the Humane Society.  Even if he isn't in the cage I will mention it
when I drop off my current foster ferret.

Anyway...now I'm getting a headache.  What should I do about the ferret?  I
know I can't save the world, but I wish I could.

Lara