From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 23:45:12 -0800
    I purchased Fairy just a couple of weeks ago, and have been trying to
find out what type of food it likes.  I started out with dry ferret food,
and she seemed to like that one, and then tried some moised cat food (not
canned, just moist out of the bag) and she liked that as well.  Her "waste"
has been directly related to the food she's been eating.  Now, I know that's
probably obvious, but the fact is the moist food is not watered down or
anything, it is just moist, but her waste is very mushy.  The dry ferret
food turns out to be very dry.

    This all leads to one thing: clean-up.  I guess I will be using the dry
food from this point on...  but she keeps going to two seperate corners for
pottie.  I don't know how to train it to go into a litter box, so I just
have newspaper on those corners.  The worst part is, when I'm not home she's
playing around and going under the newspaper!  (yuck!).

    The same thing with her food...  I put her food in a little bowl and she
just sniffs and digs all the food out of the bowl and makes a mess of her
cage, then sits there looking at me as if she is doing it on purpose!

    I'd like to ask for a few recommendations and ideas: why does she dig
out her food from the bowl?  How can I litter train her if she does her
thing in two different corners?  Is there a problem with giving her cat
food?

    Aside from the moist cat food, I've also tried Nutro's Natural Choice
with Chicken and Lamb protein.

Thanks for any suggestions!

[AD]