From:
Cheryl Freedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 12:32:06 -0400
Kymberlie asked about Pau D'Arco...

Hooligan was on .10 cc liquid Pau D'Arco (approx.  4-5 drops) plus .07 cc
liquid Vitamin C, 500 mg.  (approx.  2 drops) given twice daily to boost his
immune system.  This dosage was based on his weight, which was about 1 kg.
until it dropped precipitously towards the end (maybe the last 2 weeks of
his life).  Hooligan was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, which ultimately
caused his death, as well as cancer (lymphosarcoma in his chest) last
December; when he died in July, it did not appear that the tumor had grown.
In addition, he was in fairly good shape right up until the end.  Maybe it
was the Pau D'Arco and Vitamin C, maybe not, but it didn't hurt to try it.

Kymberlie, I would keep looking for liquid Pau D'Arco; trying to work out
the dosage with the powder is a major pain in the (fuzz)butt.  I used the
Nature's Answer brand of liquid.

I'll try to find the reference for using Pau D'Arco.  BTW, the book did say
that animals don't mind the taste of Pau D'Arco -- ha!  Hooligan hated it,
and he hated it just as much when I mixed it with the Vitamin C.  I just
told him: you always hurt the one you love.

Cheryl Freedman (and the spirits of Hooligan and Circe)