From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 21:40:22 -0800
The first time I saw her, she brought tears to my eyes.  How could anyone
do this to an animal?  She was so thin and fragile looking.  Hers was the
same story as too many others-one of neglect and abuse.  Only time would
tell if she would pull through this, and all anyone could do was Hope.  I
went home and cried for her.  And prayed.  Like I've never prayed for
anything before.  Several weeks later, I saw her again.  She had gained
some weight and the hair on her neck was growing back in.  She looked
stronger and there was a spark in her eye.  Even though I never stopped
thinking about her, it was probably more than a month before I was able
to see her again!  My God!  What a drop-dead gorgeous little girl she had
become-with a beautiful thick white coat of fur.  She had pulled through
stronger than anyone had dared to Hope!  I could now only pray that she be
placed in a safe, warm home where she would know only happiness and love.
Then some angels made a miracle happen.  They asked me to be that home.  My
heart ached to say yes right away-but I needed to take some time to think
about it and she needed to be spayed-giving me that time.  With 2 ferrets
at home already-one in the middle of medical problems of his own, I had to
question the wisdom of taking on the resonsibility of a third one.  But
when all was said and done, she was welcomed into my home.  I can only Hope
the angels that placed her with me realize how much she means to me-and her
brothers!  They adore her!  So, for Christmas this year, I was given the
gift of Hope.  I will have her through the Holidays and the coming year,
and if I am very, very lucky-for many years to come!

From one who knows her blessings and counts them and hugs them everyday!
Merry Christmas to All!!