From:
Lori Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 17:48:20 +0000
Oy, what a ferret won't get into!

Today my husband was changing the strings on his guitar.  This isn't just
any guitar, mind you, this is a Martin. (everybody say *aaaah*)  A lovely
acoustic guitar which my husband's father gave him as a once-in-a-lifetime
kind of gift.

So Dave turns his back to the guitar briefly to take a new string from the
package and turns around again just in time to see two little feet and a big
poofy tail disappearing through the soundhole.  Oh no!

No amount of whistling, pleading, or cajoling will lure MoJo from his new
favorite hidey hole.  No offerings of favorite toys, treats, a bigger cage--
even ferretone won't work.

Dave is getting frantic.

MoJo is having a blast.

He walks around inside the guitar, makes his *scary* face through the
soundhole, bats the strings, scratches at the braces.

Dave is talking about gassing the ferret.

Ferretone finally saves the day, the ferret, the guitar, and Dave's nerves.

We dangle the entire bottle of ferretone at the edge of the soundhole, let
it ooze a little, and pull back ever so slowly.  MoJo's tries to keep tongue
to ferretone contact so his scruff finally clears the hole.  A quick yank
and he's clear.

Whew!

I'm still giggling about it.

-Lo

P.  S.  Dave couldn't just take off the strings and pull him out (which
seemed the obvious solution to me).  Apparently the guitar's neck tension
could be injured or something.