Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:30:03 +0800
1.  To Debbie Riccio:
Just a short reply to your querie on whether free-range ferrets are confined
during work around the house.

I used to hate house-work, but not any longer!!  My secret is to get my
eight ferrets to help.  I used to discourage it in order to finish as soon
as possible, but my, how I've changed.  Vaccuuming is now FUN with 1 or 2 of
them hairy babies riding on the big sucker.  Washing the floors is an
absolute HOOT when those same babies swing off the mop (a great deal of care
needs to be taken when squeezing the mop in the mop-bucket).  So, perhaps
the floors are no qui-i-i-ite smearless when finished, but a small price to
pay.  And how can one possibly make beds without a fuzzy or four to help?
Again, the end result may be a little lumpy, especially when some pikers
fall asleep on (under?) the job, but that's life.  I do use fruit-based,
safe cleansers and lemon juice & bicarb soda for scouring (not just for the
ferts, but for the planet).

I tend to confine myself, not the ferts, when painting and doing carpentry
with power tools.  Major jobs, I grant you, require a bit more thought, but
a compromise can usually be found.

The down side of all of this is, that jobs around the house take twice as
long as BF (before ferrets).  However, time spent on joy is time well spent
so, lighten up and enjoy.

2.  To any astute FMLers who have noticed that I now have 8,not 9
ferrets....I witnessed an ecstatic reunion on Sunday between ferrret and
companion human when they were re-united.  Actually, Morley, whose real name
is Oscar, slept through his owner's tears of relief and kisses.(With his
tongue hanging out, what's more).  His two week's of advertising were up and
he was about to go up for adoption when a series of accidents brought fert
and owner together.  I just LUV happy endings.

3.  I have just one question that puzzles me.  Why do my ferrets, after
going to the toilet, always sign it with MY initial, not theirs???

Love to all from Shirley & the eight extraordinary 'elpers.