Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 15:10:48 -0600
Real quick dumb question...  Are black eyed whites more common to have
hearing and sight problems in comparison to other ferrets?  We have one that
may or may not be totally or partially deaf (he may just be ignoring us too
:) ). The posts I have seen about Black Eyes Whites almost always talk
about them being deaf or blind.

Our Sable can hear a pin drop, our Black Eyed white would sleep thru a bomb
blast. He does seem to have a very acute sense of smell and can smell his
treats being opened 2 floors away.