From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 06:57:16 -0500
First and foremost, to all who have lost or have sick babies, my sincere
condolences.

We have, as you see, a new e-mail address.  During the move our computer
picked up a virus and then the modem crashed.  My husband got it up and
running, we got into the house, had a storm that took out the new modem.
So now we are on DSL and they wouldn't allow me to keep the ''pndragon"
address.  Our new e-mail addy is: [log in to unmask] So if we've
corresponded in the past, PLEASE write me!

We FINALLY have a house, a real home of our own.  Now the slow and
painful (and boy is it painful) process of moving everything out of
storage and into the house, and then finding places to put it is on.  But
we've put AC in the upstairs and the kids are all there.  All the ferrets
and the cats have adjusted beautifully, and once we fix the registers so
they are totally ferret proofed and have the boxes all put away, the fuzz
balls get the run of the whole house when we're home.  I can't wait to
hear them coming down the stairs.  I saw Conan at our old townhouse come
down the stairs (he cleared the barricade and came down) and he was just
talking to himself the whole time.

Chili's necropsy report came back.  For those that remember, Chili was
the rescue I did in May and worked all of May through the end of July to
save.  Preliminary autopsy reports showed his stomach to be so thin you
could see through it, no lining left in the intestines.  Autopsy only
showed he had 'lumps or nodules' in the lungs, indicative of him having
oil or something in his lungs that he would have aspirated!  Not with me
did he have this happen.  So totally in the dark on this.

My Alix has had adrenal surgery, left was huge, right fine and she's
doing so well.  Another rescue, "F", goes to Julie Fossa's vet on the
12th for adrenal.  I lost his cagemate, Nelly, at the end of March after
her bilateral adrenal, and she possibly went into Addison's, which took
her from us less than 2 weeks after the surgery.

My daughter and I attended the Pet Jamboree here in Ft. Wayne last
weekend and got to meet folks from Michigan shelters, I got to meet Dee
Gage (wonderful lady) and folks from the Circle City Ferret Club.  My
daughter and I went out early, came home, she got Frodo and we went back
out.  I was asked by one of the nurses in my unit if it was one of my
ferrets in the pet parade, but we didn't do that.

Gandalf, the little boy who almost died in the pet store that I rescued
is a whopping 3-4 pound bouncing baby boy.  We went to Petland on the
20th of August and they had a little deaf girl.  I explained to the young
lady working about her, they were going to have her vet checked.  After
that we went to Wally World and I saw a Galadriel doll from Lord of the
Rings I showed my husband.  Three days later he calls and says Galadriel
will be waiting when I get off work.  I exclaimed oh, you bought me the
doll, and he said if you call something four legged a doll, yes.  So the
little deaf baby girl is now with us, and of course we had to go get her
a little buddy, and Legolas is now with us.  More rescues that I can
rename and we'll have the whole cast, but I'm trying not to do this.
But I spoke with the girl at Petland, and she's the senior animal
consultant/expert, she's spoken with the manager, and they want me to
come and talk to the employees about ferrets!  They'll be calling me to
attend a store meeting,and I hope that I can help them in this.

So now that you've read this marathon I've brought you up to date.  But
I'd appreciate e-mails from those who have written me.  There is a person
who sent me a URL to find ferret stationary for my e-mail, and if you can
write and send this again, I'd truly appreciate it.  I'm in the process
of rebuilding my address book!

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and
 taste good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"