From:
Marie Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:46:32 EDT
Meghan get Dervish a real baby pacifier, give it to her when she starts to
chew the cord.  The pacifier will satisfy her need to gnaw.  I have used
them for over a year now, just watch for splitting.  A regular baby pacifier
like the Nuke brand are specially designed from material (unlike that of the
rubber used for Nylint toy's.  DO NOT GIVE YOUR FUZZIES a Nylint product) to
stay in one piece.  Pacifiers could not be marketed if they were a choking
hazzard for babies.  Giving your nipping fuzzy a pacifier before he/she
tastes you also pacifies their need to chomp.  Check it when you wash it (I
do mine every other day) for any splits.  I have never had a problem with
my 16 fuzzies with ingesting a pacifier they have always remained intact
and believe me they do get alot of use.

And for you my Soggy Sainted Sister Carol, my Love and deep admiration goes
out to you and your new babies, Elle and Bailey.  I know the torment and
anguish you suffered through the horrid ordeal all too well.  I and a
friend did much the same thing in a 36 hour 6 states away, very successful
rescue.  The tears and frustration become grey memories when you hold them
where they belong, close to your heart.  Right?

Marie E. Wallace
P.S. I have had 2 cancellations for the FL celebration.  Please E me in
the next 3 days if you plan to attend.