From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 15:12:45 -0700
First of all I want to thank the folks that sent me info on cage options for
my 2 new guys.  We're still looking at various options, but the front runner
is an absolutely palatial rabbit cage we found at a nearby store.  it's got
3 levels with good ramps for running on, and a cozy nesting box on the
bottom floor it's @ 4.5 feet wide by 3 feet deep by 3 to 4 feet tall &
really nicely built, except that the door uses a simple hook that would have
to be replaced because Misha is way to smart to be held in by that ;-> The 3
layers all have kitchen floor tiling for easy clean-up & the levels are
split in such a way that an animal could never fall more than @ 1 foot very
cool, but also $200 which is a lot of cash for some sticks & chickenwire ;->

secondly I'm looking for a vet in the Seattle area:
my wonderful vet has moved out of the area since we had our last ferret, so
we had to find a new vet.  I tried Pam's listings from the web, but the only
vet listed anywhere near our home either gave a wrong number or is no longer
in business.  I ended up trying Phinney Ridge Animal Hospital who told me
that all of their doctors were experienced with ferrets.  To keep it short,
I didnt agree with that asessment, if you know of an experienced & gentle
ferret vet in the Ballard/Greenwood/Phinney area please let me know.  The
guys are up to date on their shots & in fine health, but I'd like to have
their vet see them in good health, so that if (god forbid) anything does go
wrong later, they have a baseline to work from.

Last question: Misha got his shot's updated at the Phinney animal hospital &
about 30 to 45 minutes later (after we got home) started throwing up (clear
liquid, no solids).  I was afraid that it might be an adverse reaction to
the vaccine so back we went to the vets, but by the time he got there he was
fine, so they just kept him for observation for a few hours.

I had been under the impression that if they were going to have a reaction
to the vaccine, that it would occur fairly quickly (ie within 20 minutes)
and this was definately at least 30 minutes after his shot.  misha also had
a few munches of a bad apple for breakfast and a VERY distressing initial
visit to the vet, so it could have just been a tummy tied in knots, but I am
worried about vaccinations going forward if this was a reaction to the
FerVac.  Any way to tell?  (the vets office was not helpful) He didnt seem
to have any trouble breathing which would be the big indicator to me.

Thanks for any info you can give,

Eden & her 3 guys; Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)

Eden Rain  [log in to unmask]

Go placidly amid the noise & haste, and remember what peace there may be in
silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all
persons. Speak your truth quietly & clearly; and listen to others, even the
dull & ignorant; they too have their story.   -Desiderata