From:
"Jason W. Creager" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 01:04:20 -0600
Hi everyone.  Many thanks go out to everyone who responded to my post from a
week ago!  We checked the FAQ right after I sent that and figured that it
probably was insulinoma, so it was reassuring to get all of the messages
pointing in that direction.

We took her to the vet last Monday and he drew blood, which did not make her
very happy.  :( He called back on Tuesday and said that her count was 47 and
that he had found a high level of a couple of enzymes that indicated a
disease of the liver.  He didn't recommend any drugs for the hypoglycemia
because of this and said he wouldn't do surgery on her if she were his.  He
estimated her to be at least seven years olds.  (We've had her for five.)

Who knows?  She could live another year or more.  She won't be in any pain
from the cancer, so that was qutie reassuring to hear.  The doc said that
even if she died tomorrow they would enter "old age" as the cause of death.

He told us about the honey trick and just to keep her as healthy as
possible.  All in all, it was actually good news to us, because we already
knew she was pretty old for a ferret that just barely weighs over a pound.
But, he said he would do more research, and would call us Dr. Williams if he
had any new thoughts or ideas.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Jason, Allison, Rockford, and Storm