From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 16:05:18 -0500
We are still trying to get out thank yous for the sympathy notes, cards,
virtual flowers, and letters recieved, but have not yet been able to write
all, and some addresses did not work.  If we missed you, please, know that
Steve and I ARE grateful.  We are especially happy to learn of so many
helping other ferrets in Meltdown's memory; that's the best thing possible.
Everything is catch-up right now.  Steve and I are still somewhat tender,
but seeing others helped is healing us, too.

Dear Anonymous, it would be an honor to have another FML Meltdown, whatever
the gender.  Has Rascal had a fasting glucose tolerance test to check for
insulinomae?

Regina, try some perfume on Cully's upper neck behind the ears and lower
back above the tail.  Sometimes stink is status.

Lee, our vet has agreed to accept our ferrets if we die (and he did not even
know that in our will they come with care funds and all their supplies).  A
few of our relatives would be likely to put them down so we were very
precise in our wills and let the relatives know.  (We also have willed major
aspects of our value to our universities and to the Morris Animal Foundation
if we both die so our relatives had BETTER follow our desires.)

KIm, your story of your hero dog leading back the ferret was a joy!

Tim, we have heard there are horse breeding programs but have not seen them
ourselves.

Wrote about 70 messages today.  If I missed you I did not mean to or have
plans to soon write to you, too.

Sukie