Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 17:57:45 -0500
Howdy Y'all!  Pharaoh went to the vet today because he has been losing
weight, seems tired, drinking a lot of water and his fur looks bad.  The
vet (not our usual one) found he had a partial blockage.  I asked him to
look at all of Pharaoh's parts to make sure there were no other problems
and to do blood work to make sure other things were ok and the anesthesia
wouldn't harm him.  He called and said he found 2 large hair balls (both
with ferret hair and "other longer hair" mine I presume since my shedding
can be as bad as the ferrets.  Guess Pharaoh has lost his hair styling job
;-)) and everything else was fine.  He will come home on monday.

Questions: I try to give the guys furball remedy at least once a week but
have changed brands since the store I was at didn't have the kind I was
using before.  Has anyone noticed a difference in the type of remedy given
to your ferts?  Are some better than others?

Should I give Pharaoh moist food when he returns?  or Duck Soup or Bob C.'s
Chicken Gravy since the operation involved the intestine?

I'm thinking about getting a bigger cage for the guys.  Does anyone have
suggestions on what sort of dimensions (or cubic feet) I should strive for
to house 5 ferrets?  I'm also worried about the cages with the plastic
coated wire.  They look nice but occasionally Jasper will chew on the bars.

I've been thinking about cremating the guys when they go on to the Rainbow
Bridge and was wondering where it is done.  Is it done at the vet's or some
other facility?  How much does it cost?

I'm hoping the vet shaved a nice large area so I can rub Pharaoh on my
cheek.  They did on Tavi when she had skin tumors removed a while back.
Their skin is SOOO soft, I love it.  It's kind of weird, Tavi had her
operation around this time a few years ago and I took to calling her
FrankenFerret.  I guess I'll put some bolts on Pharaoh's neck for
Halloween ;-), then he can go DOOK or POOPing with me.

Dooks!
Laura, Tavi, Booger, Jasper, Pharaoh and Vex