From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 23:12:17 -0400
Since surgery is not an option with Chuki then you have to try to control
his adrenal gland disease and his prostate medically.  For an enlarged
prostate, my choice would be Lurpon depot AND finasteride (Propecia or
Proscar).  Propecia is 1mg tablet, and Proscar is a 5mg tab.  Thus I would
go with another Lupron injection in May and start him on finasteride 1mg
per day for the first 30 days then reduce it to 0.1 mg per day after the
prostate has reduced in size.  Sometimes you have to use an antibiotic
(Baytril, TMPS, Clavamox) also to eliminate a bacterila infection/abscess
of the prostate.

Hope that helps,
Jerry Murray, DVM