Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 09:39:38 -0400
Many vets will do house calls.  Mine does, and she actually came to the
house at 11.00 one evening to assist Nestle to the bridge.  Nestle went
to sleep on the couch with me sitting on the floor next to her with my
arms around her.

We were a bit worried about the lack of bright lights in my living room,
about possibly not finding a vein, but it went very smoothly, for which
I am grateful.

I could never "do it" myself, because as any vet can tell you, there's
always a chance of failure and you could end up causing more suffering.