From:
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:10:26 -0400
There are two new shining stars in the sky tonight.  dear, sweet and
loved stars.  The 1st is named Author (formerly Aqua).  He was from one
of the original London Rescue group back on Jan 1st 1998.  Author and 30
other ferrets suffered at the hands of a man who was a breeder.  A year
after the original London Rescue, this breeder was shut down for good.
Author was in the meanwhile, lovingly cared for by 2 wonderful and
dedicated parents.  He along with his sister, Gwenavere lived in the lap
of luxury.  Author will be sadly missed by all of us that were involved
in the London rescue, by his sister, Gwen, his mom Julie and his dad
Steve.

The other star is our dear Vincenzo.  He and his sister, Alexa were
brought to our shelter last Thursday.  He was diagnosed with Leukemia
and crossed the Rainbow Bridge after many failed attempts to make him
comfortable.  The poor kid also had Adrenal Disease.  He crossed over
exactly 1 week after coming to us.  His sister is doing ok and beginning
to socialize with the big play group.

The shelter had a very special guest this week.  It was Dr. Karen!
Everyone was soooo excited to see her, especially my mommie.  Mommie,
Dr. Karen, auntie Bonnie and uncle Nigel went out to Red Lobster for ALL
YOU CAN EAT crab legs.  aunt Bonnie and uncle Nigel just sat back and
watched mommie & Dr. Karen go at it!  It was a sight to see - crab was
flying everywhere!

Mr. Mugs is still not doing so well.  He'll be going back to the vets
for x-rays to find out if he is able to undergo surgery for his adrenal.
Please keep him in your thoughts.

We're all looking forward to the Ferret Frolic next weekend!  There are
lots of surprises and fun stuff that will happen :)

We wanted to also thank Janice for coming to the shelter to take photos
of the kids.  She'll be making up some greeting cards with the photos to
help us fund-raise.

The shelter construction is almost finished.  The new ferret room looks
awesome!  I wish i was there to christen it for them lol!

ALL my love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"
www.ferretaid.org