From:
Lisa Goggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 11:21:50 EDT
This is regarding Jennifer's question on her female ferrets strong smell.
I don't think it is because she hasn't been descented.  If she wasn't then
this smell would probably only exist if she got overly excited or scared.
I have heard it is kind of like what a skunk would do, just not as strong!
I have also heard similar stories that have proven to be associated with
an adrenal tumor.  This is often a symptom.  I am not a vet though.  I do
think something might be wrong since usually the males tend to be the
smelliest.  For a while my female ferret had a stronger than usual smell
and it was around her face.  I took her to the vet and it turned out to be
a yeast infection in her ears.  I hope this helps you.  This is my first
time commenting to something in the ferret list, I just subscribed and it
is great!

Lisa

a big hello from my woozles Clara and Otis to all the other ferts out
there!!!!