From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:42:01 -0400
Where there is sorrow in life then comes the balance. A good thing that
happens.

We received a call from our shelter Veterinarian about another clinic
that has a bunch of ferret distemper vaccines that were going to expire
before they could use them all and wondered if the shelter would be
interested in the donation.

I emphatically said "YES!"

Calls were made, fees were discussed, vaccines due vs vaccines
available were weighed, appointments scheduled, and as of 10:15 p.m.
the last of 30 ferrets were examined and given their distemper vaccine.
Grand total out of shelter pocket.... $300. Period. And 14 out of the
30 were done in my kitchen by a licensed Veterinarian that does home
visits!

I am overwhelmed by the savings this donation has played out for the
shelter. What a blessing!

Even in our darkest hour there is a light that shall show us the way.

Debbie Saunders
... please note new email address ....
Roanoke, VA