From:
Tillie & Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 17:01:48 -0700
First, My Katie is a MF ferret and has not had any medical problems in the
three years since I *bought her at a pet store!*.  She is a very sweet,
kind, active, affectionate and healthy baby.  My opinion of MF?  "THANK YOU
FOR MY BABY!!"

To me, it's kinda like comparing a grocery store with an organic farmers
market.  Sure, All of us might think the produce is somehow better at the
small organic market, but we all don't have such a place close enough to
make it feasible to do our shopping there.  So, we're pretty happy to shop
at the local (insert name of local big chain grocer) which is close and
convenient.

Well, where I live there are no "Breeders" within a reasonable distance for
me to have considered that route when I was ready to get my ferret.  I would
have had to travel well over 3 hours (one way).  But, there WAS a nice pet
shop only 20 min.  from my house that had a nice selection of cute, healthy,
active MF kits.  The price was not too bad considering they were already
neutered and descented.  And that's how Katie came to live with me!

Besides, who is to say that there are not some "small breeders" out there
that also keep their breeders caged all the time, breeding one litter after
another, etc.  Hey, at least MF has staff Vets.  (Ask Keleen, of FANG, about
the "Small Breeder" she recently had experience with.) A big operation is
not necessarily worse than a small one.

OK, I'm stepping down off MY soap box now, (and putting on my asbestos
undies!) thanks for letting me voice my opinion.  TNT!

Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"