From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:07:43 EDT
ardith...

the reasoning behind this probably is that ferrets bond to each other as
well as to their people...

with only 2...if one dies..the other would be left without any "known"
companionship...it would grieve terribly...

with 3...if one dies...the remaining ones would still have each
other...yes, they would still grieve...but not be alone with no one to
comfort them...

yes...you can comfort them...but, in my opinion...other ferret
companionship is necessary...

it depends on how long you have had these two by themselves...along with
other things to look at, as to if you can add another at this point...

this is not a cut and dried...hard RULE or anything...just a
consideration...and this is prolly where the gentleman was coming from...

my suggestion...IF you decide to add another to yours...is to take your 2
to the shelter of your choice...and see how they get along with one that
you may choose...

KITY= .. =KAT...(a.k.a....FuzzieMom) and her Kollektive "17"
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey, Meeja, PopPye, Noodles, Sandi-Mandi,
Hope-HollyHeart, Edison, Lucky, Uh-Oh, Princess Cissy, Jack, Sassy-too,
Angel...and now..."Lefty-LuvBug"!

And holding "Lil Bear" and "Geezer" close in my Heart...
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy,
D'weezle,
and the biggest piece of my heart,Charlie!
The Ferrets' Pages... http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97