From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 22:19:31 -0700
Yes, Laura, it's true that it doesn't take much heat to get to a ferret.
Last spring, I went on vacation before hooking up the swamp cooler (New
Mexico's answer to air conditioning). It happened to become unseasonally
warm and I understand from my ferret sitters that my furrballs were quite
lethargic during that time period. It was getting pretty warm in the
house in the middle of the day.

On the subject of dryers: You guys are all lucky. Last year, someone I
know killed his ferret by putting her in the dryer with the laundry. He
first noticed something was wrong when he found fur all over his clothes.
I kept thinking how horrible a way that was to die. It still gets to me.