Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:37:27 -0500
I went to hand out heartgaurd pills to everyone today (they think those
are the greatest treat!)  Well, Pandora was sleeping in the cage.  She
was in a spot of the cage that is very hard to get into except by opening
a small, very stiff, uncooperative door.  So I reached through the bars
with her "treat", which will usually wake her from sleeping just from
smelling it.  She didn't respond.  I said her name a few times, and then
stroked her nose a few times.  Nothing.  I told her she was starting to
get me worried, but in the back of my mind was that I knew she had pulled
the "dead ferret" trick before, so I didn't panic.  I did, however,
wrestle open the little side door to reach in for her.  When I touched her
fur, it was cold.  THEN I panicked & sadly picked up a limp ferret.  Then,
as my mind became a racing whirlwind of thoughts: could she really be
gone, what could've happened, how do I tell everyone, what should I do,
etc...... she yawned and looked up at me like, hi mom!  what's all the
fuss about?

*sigh*

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin