From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 10:37:38 CST
Hi, all. Just wanted to make a quick comment.

I think getting the European rabies studies recognized here would be great,
too, but unfortunately I don't think it's worth sinking any energy into.
Public Health, FDA, etc., etc., are pretty picky about their studies, and I
can just about guarantee they'd never accept these studies -- I'd venture a
guess somebody would have already tried by now.  They'll use reasons such as
the possibility of genetic differences in ferrets here and there, differences
in the rabies viral strains, and so on, which are somewhat valid.  Please, if
you're interested in a rabies study being accepted in the U.S., send
donations either to Morris Animal Foundation earmarked specifically for the
Kansas State University Vet School rabies study, or perhaps it can be sent
directly to KSU.  I don't have the address, but I'm sure somebody on FML
does.  This is the only study U.S. officials are going to accept.  It's going
to take time, but when it's finished, there are going to be no more arguments
left for FFZ's, or for needlessly  killing our fuzzies.

Laura

Laura L'Heureux Kupkee
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96