From:
Lisa Patnaude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:50:06 -0800
Hello to all the fuzzies and their pets!

I've been seeing a lot mentioned recently about developing gray hairs due
to certain antics of our fuzzies.  Well, here's a twist.  My little girl,
Sunshine, is the one developing gray hairs.

Let me backtrack alittle.  About a month ago I noticed that she was losing
weight and losing some fur on her tail.  First reaction...fear.  She
couldn't have adrenal, not at 10 months old.  Once I calmed down though I
realized that she was shedding her winter coat...all over the place.  I
could pull it out easily.  Plus she was losing fur at the tip of her tail,
not at the base.  I also noticed that her face mask was again changing, not
as much white but returning to how it was last summer, just lighter.  I
checked Stretch, my 14 month old male, and he too was losing fur on his
tail in the same places as Sunshine.  No shedding yet.

I should mention that Sunshine is a bib sable, once dark brown (last
summer), then a much lighter brown (winter).  This is her third major color
change.  Her fur is now becoming gray.

Has anyone ever seen such a drastic color change?  She now has more gray
than brown.  Is it seasonal or could this become her final color?  I've
heard their color can keep changing until a year old.

Just curious.  I just hope I don't get anymore gray hair.  It just doesn't
look as pretty as it does on her.  :-)

Lisa and The Triple "S" Gang
Sunshine, Stretch and Snow White