From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 10:35:36 -0500
Steve wanted me to tell you a cute story from very early this morning and
then I'll tell you a funny one from last night.

At around 2:30 Steve woke up from a nightmare and went in to check the
ferrets.  Now all alphas tend to their responsibilities in their own
fashions, and one of 'Chopper the organic helicopter's methods is to perform
ferret bed-checks for Steve, so she hopped to and went to each ferret (6
others) in turn, bumping the ferret and then looking at Steve.  For whatever
reason this time she did it at a mad dash.  Warp was in the bottom of a
shelf cover so 'Choppie stood as well as she could beneath and touched the
warm lump to show Steve, and for Spot who was in a hanging bucket she dipped
her head in and checked.  'Choppie seems to get a real kick from performing
this chore for Steve; of course, he praises her highly for it and since she
did such a rapid and excellent job last night she got some eggnog as well.

Niki was upset due to computer problems so she called us last evening for
about 2 hours till she and Steve figured out the difficulty.  During that,
to cheer Niki up, I got Warp out of her favorite sleep place to listen to
Niki and bump-bump the phone.  While Warp was performing that service I
sniffed her sleep smell -- which is especially bakery-like on both her belly
and her hands.  Guess I was doing a really good job of admiring her hands,
because Warp suddenly balled one of them up into a fist and thrust it up one
of my nostrils!  (They do stretch.)  Umm, umm, good!  And you wondered why
we have sinus problems... <G>

Sukie