Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:49:32 -0800
I just wanted to tell people that I have a number of requests for
visits during the ferret project trip. Please don't read into my not
responding yet to mean anything. I am trying to resolve a few questions
which will impact my time. I promise to email everyone this coming week
after I make a few more long distance phone calls.

I am not ignoring anyone, I just lack answers at the moment. Please be
patient and I'll email you as soon as I can.

I have a question for New Zealanders. I am not sure yet, but it looks
like I will have to rent a car for a couple of weeks for research on
both the North and South Islands. Can anyone in New Zealand give me a
better picture of gas and car rental costs than what I've been able to
find on the internet? I am not opposed to renting a car from a ferret
owner (or former ferret owner). Also, can someone give me an idea of
costs and travel alternatives for getting from the North to South
island; the ones I've seen on the internet seem geared to tourists and
locals might know cheaper alternatives (I might have to go back and
forth a few times). I have to finish figuring out my budget for New
Zealand, and I am squeezing every dime until it screams and gives
birth to a nickel.

Bob C