Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2011 05:47:48 -0700
Dear Wendy

I so hope your info from Delta is correct and they have sent you
everything in writing. I have taken in two ferrets that were supposed
to fly with their owners when they moved.

One couple was *told* they could take their ferret from Reno, Nevada to
Florida. They had all the paper work they were told they needed, shot
records from the vet, proof of ownership, and the airline approved
carrier.

When they arrived at the airport, they were told the ferret could not
fly in cabin, and there was no arrangement by the airline to fly cargo.
This couple was able to call a family member to take the ferret, he was
later surrendered to me.

The other couple moved from Reno back to their homeland, Japan. They
made arrangements to fly with their dog and two ferrets.

Fortunately this couple discovered days before they were to leave the
info/paper work they were given was for a dog and two felines, not
ferrets. This couple knew me, and made the decision to leave their
ferrets with me.

So, just know the info you get from one airline source may not be
whats needed for actually getting you AND your ferret on board.

Wishing you both a easy journey home.

Ardith
in Reno, NV