From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:08:48 EDT
I didn't know if you all knew about the national "Friends of the Zoo"
program.  I never knew, until I went to get a season pass to our local
little zoo here (which at the time was just a few cages with snakes, etc
in it....not really a zoo yet).  When we bought the season pass, this
entitled us to also get into other zoos, some aquariusms, some nature
centers, and some botanical gardens across the nation FREE (some zoos are
discounted instead, but most are free).  So in other words, for just 30
dollars here (its different all over), we (our whole family) were able to
get into the Phillidephia Zoo (which is about as big as Six Flags) later
on that year for FREE, or into an aquarium some where for free..  How
cool is that?!

So if you have a zoo nearby that you might like to visit, you might want
to ask for this pass rather than paying to get in for just that day.  If
you are coming to the 2003 symposium and you already have this pass you
can visit the large Atlanta Zoo.  I think a group of people are going on
Sunday afternoon.  If you don't have a pass, you might want to get on
from your local zoo, or buy one in Atlanta.  I was really surprised to
see that this pass also allowed me to go to other places other than
zoos... that blew me away.  :)

Your friendly, neighborhood Wolfy