From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:07:11 -0400
Marie -

Thanks for taking in JoJo! I spoke with Kelly last night and she is,
of course, sad, but thrilled that he is in a good, loving and forever
home!

All -

Just a bit of background as we sometimes forget from some of the rants
one of the real blessings of this mailing list.

FACT received a call from a young lady in Vancouver, BC through our
shelter ad in Ferrets magazine looking for help in placing her 6 month
old ferret as she had to unexpectedly return to China for at least a
year. I posted the need on the FML, and Marie stepped to the plate.

On the owner's behalf, Marie and I spoke at length, as the owner was
very concerned that her baby find a forever home and that she would
have the opportunity to follow JoJo's progress. We were able to assuage
her fears that Marie was a great home thus, JoJo would not have to
transition from a shelter environment. This is precisely what FACT
encourages owner's to do: Take responsibility for placing your ferrets.
And we are thrilled to have been able to help make this happen via a
supportive, indirect role and the help of the FML.

Thanks BIG, and all the FML'ers who may not ever post but have stepped
up time and again to help re-home a ferret or ferrets thereby taking a
burden off the shelter system! But, even more importantly, getting a
ferret re-homed in the very best of ways!

Kudo's to all!

Ann Gruden
Ferret Association of CT, Inc.