From:
Donna Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:45:15 EDT
I also received several bags of rancid food from my distributor with the
date of June 10, 2001.  I returned them and received a new shipment today
with the date of September 13, 2001.  I just got off the phone with
Performance Foods, the manufacturer, and they said the September date was
OK but it still smells a little funny to me.  They said it wouldn't hurt
the ferrets, it would just give them diarrhea.  I put some food down to
see if they would eat it to test this batch.  So far, no one has touched
it.  I hope I don't get 15 ferrets all with diarrhea.  I will watch them
carefully and send it back if anyone gets sick.  Please, everyone, check
your package dates and smell the food.  If there is any question about the
food, take it back to the store where you purchased it.