From:
Wilson Marc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:36:37 -0400
Hello all!

Its been a very long time since I've posted on this forum.  The ferrets
love having free roam of their palacial room (gads ... can it be 2 years
already that I've owned this condo?).  And I'm getting married in October
to a wonderfull, animal-loving woman!

However, I have a serious problem on my hands and I am hoping someone
will be able to help me out.

My fiance and I are now dealing with the thorny issue of merging our
households together.  My fiance has an adopted cat that was let out
regularly in her previous "life" and who still has major hunting
instincts.  Add to that the fact that the cat has heart disease.  We have
tried many times to introduce the cat to my dog and ferrets.  Although
the cat tolerates (barely) the dog, she practically goes postal on the
ferrets.  I am very worried for them!  My ferrets are free ranging and I
hate to think about having to quarrantine them in their cage for nearly
the whole day, day-in-day-out for the rest of their lives.  I've had
ferrets for over 9 years now so I know what my little guys need ... and
being caged up all day is not what I feel is best for them.

That said, I now realize that it is best for all three of them (The
Tres Amigos: Rocky, Sam and Chloe) for me to find them a more peaceful
and ferret-friendly household.  If any of you could offer these three
sweethearts a good home I would be eternally grateful?  All three
ferrets are about 5 years old now (I adopted all three).

I live in the Washington, DC area.  The ferrets will come with a plethora
of stuff ... 3-level cage, huge piece of ferret (cat) furniture (in the
shape of a choochoo and about 4 feet long and 5 feet high), many bowls,
ferret food, food container, toys, etc.  The whole works.  I will even
drive an hour or so to get them too you or meet you half way.

If you can help me out, drop me an email at [log in to unmask]  Your
help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your consideration and any help you can provide.

Marc and the Tres Amigos (Rocky, Sam and Chloe)