From:
Debra Ann Velie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:10:55 EST
Hi everyone.  First I'd like the overwhelming amount of emails I recieved
wishing Nibbles luck and sending hugs and kisses.  It was just so
wonderful to know how caring ferret people are!

I just wanted to give a small update on my Nibbies.  He went to the vet
on Monday and we found his blood sugar was perfect but some of his teeth
didn't look to good.  my vet , Dr Sandra Kudrack (yes the very one who
is sponsoring the petition to the usda for better standards of shipping
ferrets, so I know she is the best), put him on strong antibiotics hoping
this was his problem.  But after 2 days he was still sleeping all day and
hardly able to walk.  I still have to hold him to eat and drink because
hes too weak to hold himself up.  Today he is at the vets to be put under
anesthesia to fix his teeth and run some blood work and xrays.  I am
waiting now for the results and to go pick him up.  I pray they find
the problem.  Poor lil old guys been thru enough.  His surgery for
adreanal/insolinoma/and cyst removed from his liver was done in July by
Dr. Karen Purcell with Dr Kudrack assisting.  It was tough but he
weathered it much better than most.  He was just starting to get all new
beautiful white fur and now this.  Well, we can only say prayers and let
god do his job.

Thank you all so much for all the get well wishes and prayers.  I will
let you know more when i can!!!