From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:14:25 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled DSND heart-attack givers...

(DSND = Deeply Sleeping, Not Dead)

Jenna Morasca wrote:
>He cries when he is in the cage and doesn't stop until he either falls
>asleep or comes out.  It doesn't bother me, I just want to make sure he
>is OK.

Yes, he's OK.  However, if *is* a baby.  If you let him out, he will stop
crying and you will be on your way to becoming very well trained by him.
If you leave him in his cage, he will continue to whine until he realizes
that it won't get him anywhere.  They make take some time, as ferrets
have been taught from birth that humans are their servants!

Just give it some time and don't give in to his constant demand to be let
out of his cage, except at designated times.  If you wish, you can go to
the cage and talk to him, while leaving him in the cage.  You can put your
fingers up to the wire and let him sniff them.  You can even try putting a
radio near him (with the volume very low) so he has something to listen
to.  You might also want to consider getting him a friend to distract him
and give him something to do.  Hope this helps!

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns, missing Smokey, Misti-Ferret and
Silver-Dude

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/