From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 18:19:43 -0800
AWAY FROM THE MANGER

(For all fert folks who have ever tried to put a creche under their
Christmas tree)

Away from the manger the Christ child has gone--
He was there just this morning, it's not been that long;
It looks like kidnappers climbed up here to play;
The little lord Jesus went missing today!

The camel's tipped over despite Elmer's glue.
There once were three Wise Men but now there's just two;
Gaspar and Melchior are missing their bro--
Wherever did Jesus and Balthasar go?

I looked in the manger and what did I see?
A red plastic ball where the Christ child should be.
The bottommost garland's unwound from the tree--
I think Christmas gnomes have been visiting me!

Oh say can you see by the dawn's early light,
Goatnappers stole all three lambs sometime last night;
And Joseph's knocked down & I fear that he's dead--
There's a wet sticky candy cane stuck to his head!

The Snow Village looks in complete disarray--
An earthquake knocked down several houses today,
The trees were all toppled and dragged far away;
It looks like Godzilla came up here to play!

Looked under the sofa and what did I see?
Two candy canes and a snow village tree,
A pair of my socks and lambs one, two and three,
One potato, two Wise Men, and a stash of Kay-Tee.

Way under the sofa I found him today--
The little lord Jesus asleep in the hay,
With a chunk of Cheweasel to cushion his head.
Next year he'll be up on the mantel instead!!!!!!

 Glad Jul & Happy Winter Solstice
 from Isabel Two and Tristan's Lady ("Weezie")