From:
Jeanette Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 15:09:51 EST
Hi there:

For all you "fuzzy" lovers who wished Wompy the best, I'll need your prayers
now more than ever.

Tomorrow she goes back in for surgery.

When the vet went in to remove the kidney & part of her liver - which were
blatantly tumorous - he checked the pancreas & found no obvious sign of
tumors, so we hoped the surgery would help.

Since she had the tumorous kidney removed, she's still having her
hypoglycemic spells - only they're getting worse each day.  Last night, she
lay in my arms, baring her teeth & panting as if it would be her last
breath.  So, we'll have to go back in to work on her pancreas.

Poor thing.  She's been so bad lately that it almost seems more humane to
let her die than see he go thru it.  But I won't let that happen until I've
tried absolutely EVERYTHING I possibly can.  So, PLEASE say a little prayer
for my little girl.

Her illness is hurting her brother, Pooper, more than anyone.  The poor guy
has been digging his litter out of the pan & pooping all over the place.
And when he sees her, he just flattens out on the floor & watches her.  I
don't know who to feel worse for sometimes.

Well, that's all I can say for now.  I'll keep you up on her progress if
you're interested.

p.s.  Oh!  And thanks for all your kind eMails to me.  Wompy really
appreciated all the hugs & kisses I gave her on your behalf.

     Jeanette in VA